Thanks so much, Teliah!
The Liebster Award was a surprise gift from Teliah NaShonia. I recently met this beautiful soul and aspiring blogger who loves the Lord. When you meet people who are so positive and cheerful, you know they are special. You can tell when the Lord lives within someone.
I immediately took a liking to her because of it. You can see what I mean by visiting her website, Beauty, Christ and Relationships. The fact she chooses to nominate me for the Liebster Award is proof of her giving nature.
About the Liebster Award
The Liebster Award was first awarded in 2011. Since then, the tradition has grown tremendously. However, this is not an award you take home and place on your trophy shelf.
It’s an online tribute to the many bloggers who are indeed the “nicest, most pleasant, sweetest and endearing” person ever. Sooo, how did I get a nomination? ha ha ha! Well, I’m cute. No, just joking, but not really, I am cute, but I work very hard and I can be pleasant. 🙂
I appreciate the recognition and encouragement from the founder to the person who nominated me.
Liebster Award Rules
The rules for the Liebster Award and nomination are posted so each nominee can see them. If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you should do the following:
- Give thanks to the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their website in your blog post.
- Proudly display the award on the page you write for acceptance. Use the link above to select one of their award designs.
- Tell us your favorite blog and explain why you like it.
- If you’d like, share with us 10 random facts about yourself. This is optional.
- Now, pass the torch. Nominate 5-11 bloggers who you think really deserves recognition. Remember, they must have under 200 followers on at least one of their social media accounts.
- Post the rules to the blog you write about the award as I have done here. The official rules say you can copy/paste the rules or provide a link to them.
- Once you finished writing the blog, of course, you want to publish it. After publishing, let the people know you have nominated them and provide a link to your blog so they can learn about the Liebster Award.
- Finally, post a comment on the official Liebster website so they may check out the blog!
Nomination Questions from Teliah NaShonia
1. What have you learned today? I learned by using Canva.com, you can post a block and after you click on it, it will lead you to a page you designed!
2. What are some of your favorite books? Well, I have to honest and say I have not read a book in 9 years now if you include college books. I have been studying the Bible but would not list it as a favorite book, but a much-needed one.
3. If you were going to write a book, what would you call it and what would it be about?
I have written a book although it needs tweaking, and it’s called “Ms. Norwood.” The book is about a struggling mother of two who’s a singer in a blues and jazz band, the sisters who betrayed her and the past that haunts her.
4. What accomplishment are you most proud of? I was once nominated for Sailor of Year. That, to me, is my greatest honor as an underdog in the Navy.
5. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? I saw myself as an executive officer/director/CEO of an advertising firm with an office on the top floors.
6. Why did you start Blogging? To share the knowledge I gained over the years about relationships and people.
7. What Blogging platform would you recommend to new bloggers and why? Bloggers Finally Getting Recognized. I think they go out of their to meet innovation to help bloggers achieve higher standards.
8. What do you do for fun? Play poker, board games with family, and write.
9. If you could go back in history, who would you like to meet? My great-grandfather [my father’s side], so I can get a better understanding of my ancestry.
10. What’s the best decision you ever made? To join the military and the decision to write.
My Favorite Blog
The Thought Catalog is my favorite blog in the world. You find some of the most real and down-to-earth people there. These people share their feelings and emotions with the world. Not only to heal themselves, but to help others overcome their fear, doubts, and blues.
Most people go through the same situations in life, so the blog is truly relevant. It doesn’t matter the gender or the race, you can empathize with what the blogger writes about.
Whether the topic is relationships or dating, to the latest news developments, they have a unique way of expressing their thoughts. The authors write for real people and I think it’s one of the reasons why the Catalog popular. They are also open to contributors so guest posting is possible.
Molly Burford is a contributor there and she writes about what’s important to her and to many others during the holidays. During the holidays, there are more people suffering from depression than at any other time of the year.
It’s a good time to remind us to keep a watchful eye on our friends and family. Most often do they reach out and we don’t know it. It’s important websites such as this one are published. One will never know how much it helps someone else. Masses read it every day!
Bloggers Nominated for the Liebster Award
♥ Hayley Pfleghaar, the author of A Nourished Life, has a passion for health and nutrition. It’s a passion more of us should have. It means living longer and stronger. Hayley loves feeling well nourished.
She knows when you feel good, it shows it your walk and in your talk. She’s striving to change the world by eating more legumes.
♥ Island Itinerary Travels is your next travel adventure planner. Angela Kibuuka is your personal agent. She’s offering the best prices and travel destination tips. Who knows better than the Islanders? So contact her so you can start planning the trip you deserve today!
♥ The next nominee’s name is Helena Richardson and she’s a professional Painter, Illustrator and Graphic Designer. She shows extreme passion when connecting colors and character to her designs.
Without VIPs like her, businesses, entrepreneurs, and/or artists are without a lot of branding materials. We need more talented gifters like Helena Richardson.
♥ Kristi Anderson [Colour Me Cayman] is an iconic adult coloring e-Book featuring the insidious Cayman Islands. Imagine yourself there as you brush on each wave of color. Serves as a relaxation technique and provides a much need break for writers as well.
♥ Surya Chronister of the Busy Mom Club knows what it’s like to maintain a household and a business. It’s hectic! However, she shows us how to structure and organize our lives so it goes smoothly. Surya has some of the best tips for busy moms and dads from meal planning to daily tasks.
Interview Questions for Nominees
1. If you can talk to anyone in the world [past or current], who would it be? Tell us why, please.
2. Where would you travel given a one-way ticket? Would you take anyone with you? Who would it be and why, of course?
3. Do you have any other talents such as singing or dancing? Tell us which is the one you use the most.
4. What are you most proud of in your life?
5. When is the best time for you to write?
6. What’s your favorite television show or movie?
7. What holiday is your favorite?
8. Do you have a favorite blogger’s tool? Don’t forget to tell us why!
9. What’s your favorite meal?
10. Do you like to use your own pictures in blogs or a photo source?
Again, I so appreciate this award and like all stars [hahaha], I want to thank God first and foremost for He has the plan and I’m only the worker-bee.
I thank Him for putting these hands to good use, giving me the clarity to write, everyone reading this blog and his angel, Teliah NaShonia.
Do you know a new blogger who deserves an award? Share this story with them.