This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through one of my links.
Congratulations! You made another Valentine’s Day dinner party a success. Now, it’s time to make a few of those popular DIY red wine bath and body scrub ideas.
But first, pat yourself on the back as you look around and see all of the empty plates, half-empty bottles of red wine and champagne pilled up like you invited the needy and the greedy.
Thank goodness the party dishware is disposable and the client is happy. However, all you can think about is taking a much-deserved bath. With all of what’s in front of you, what better idea than to enjoy a red wine bath and body scrub?
So, with this in mind, on your way out, pick up the bottles of wine left on the tables and head home to your bathroom spa. With a few ingredients from your kitchen, the only thing left to do is decide what kind of wine body scrub recipe to use. Three of the most popular ones include:
- Red Wine Honey Bath Soak
- Wine Facial Mask
- Wine Bath and Body Scrub
DIY red wine bath and body scrub ideas benefit us in ways you may not realize. According to experts in the industry, red wine slows down the aging process as it contains an ingredient called resveratrol. This compound is used in many of those pricey facial scrubs sold in department stores and online, but here’s the kicker:
Cosmetic dermatologist Dr. Sejal Shah, says “wine can also treat your skin to essential probiotics.” Probiotics, if you don’t know, are live bacteria found in wine and foods like yogurt. Many believe probiotics will help clear skin conditions like eczema, acne, and rosacea.
You don’t have to buy expensive jars or ingredients to get quality results. You can make your own DIY red wine bath and body scrub at home. The best part is you may already have the ingredients on hand.
Red Wine and Honey Bath Soak
4 cups of red wine
1 cup of honey
- First, put on some meditation or relaxation music.
- Next, pour the red wine and honey in the tub while filling it with warm water. The combination of the warm water, wine and honey will open the pores while simultaneously absorb antioxidants and amino acids released by the red wine.
- When the water reaches the point it will cover your body, step in and relax. Do this for about 20 minutes or so and rinse off with cool water and pat dry.
You will feel so much better when you’re done. Just so you know, the wine will not enter your bloodstream but will make a hydrating bath soak like the ones you buy at Bath and Body Works.
Wine Facial Mask
1 egg white
3 tablespoons of red wine
1 tablespoon of organic raw honey
Got sensitive skin? This is an awesome red wine facial recipe for you.
- Take the red wine together with the egg white, and honey and put into a container.
- Mix together with only three tablespoons of the wine.
- Make sure the paste is smooth and then spread evenly over your face and neck.
Wondering what to do with the rest of the wine? Well, take the bottle and pour yourself a glass. It’s that simple.
- Now, relax for about 10-15 minutes.
- After the time has passed, rinse off with lukewarm water and follow with a splash of cold water to close your pores.
- Rather than rub, pat your skin dry. Apply a moisturizer to seal the deal.
Note: The mask will eventually stick to your face though it may not be thick at first. The effects will have your skin feeling tighter than before.
Red Wine Bath and Body Scrub
1 ¼ cup of turbinado or raw sugar
1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil
¼ cup of red wine
1 tablespoon of organic honey
- Mix all of these ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. If the sugar scrub is not thick enough, add more sugar.
- When it’s at the correct consistency, pour the delicious smelling mixture into a jar and set aside.
- Turn your water on and adjust the temperature to your liking. Next, enjoy a nice, long shower or bath, gently rubbing the red wine bath and body scrub over your entire body as you normally would body wash or soap. Get the tough spots like your feet and your elbows.
- When you’re done with your bath or shower, seal in moisture with coconut oil. A word of caution: Coconut oil is satiny, so be cautious when rinsing off. We don’t want you to slip and fall.
You will feel tingling sensations all over your body parts. Now, touch your skin. Doesn’t it feel soft and smooth? I know it does.
Red wine and a hot bath improves the blood flow and gives you a healthy luminescence, so don’t forget to nourish the inside of your body as well. Pour yourself a glass of red wine and have a sip.
I tried the red wine bath and body scrub and from experience, I recommend it. Turbinado sugar is a fabulous way to exfoliate the entire body. By adding pure honey and coconut oil you’re putting on the finishing touches that moisturize and soothe irritated skin.
It’s perfect for someone like you who doesn’t wear makeup all of the time. I can’t wait to try more of these DIY red wine bath and body scrub ideas. If you like them, please don’t forget to hit that share button.