If you ask most Jamaican women, they will tell you Jamaican men are control freaks. Not only that, but they are “promiscuous.” However, that description fits a lot of men, not just a Jamaican man. There’s good, bad and ugly in everyone.
Most women know when a man cares for her. When a man loves his woman, he places her needs first. He treats his woman like royalty and sacrifices for his family. On the other hand, there are Jamaicans who physically, verbally and mentally brutalize their partner.
At the same time, they will allow men to treat them poorly. Perhaps, they permit this behavior because they fear being alone or starting over. Sadly, some of these women don’t recognize they are being manipulated and mistreated because they think his behavior is normal. It’s not, however.
You can change the direction of this relationship if you want, but first, you’ll have to learn how to tell if a Jamaican man is using you. The signs are obvious but generally, women choose not to see them. In case you’re wondering, however, how to tell if a Jamaican man is using you, read on!
Signs a Man is a User
Suelika N. Creque of SKNVibes spoke with Deron Blaize (BVI) about how men should treat their women. He suggests a respectable man will call or text throughout the day to see how his woman is doing. If she’s not feeling well or if she’s having a bad day, he’ll serve her soup, meds and a smile.
He’ll also call to say he will be late getting home. These are the things a man does when he loves a woman. So, what are some of the things a man does when he is using you for a place to stay? How to tell if a Jamaican man is using you? Let’s discuss the signs a man is using you for money.
- If a man’s actions don’t match his words, then you may have a dilemma. When a Jamaican man likes you, he won’t tire of you so easily. He’ll want to do stuff for his woman as this is what an honorable man does.
- When a man gives more attention to his buddies than his girl, he may be using her. When he doesn’t want to give up his location or when she has to beg to get certain things, he’s more than likely using her.
- Plenty of women have come to me and ask “Is he just using me until he finds someone else?” One of the classic signs is if he doesn’t introduce you to his friends or family, is likely not going to be around for a long time. Besides that, if he refuses to meet your friends and family, chances are he’s not serious about you. If he’s truly into you, he’ll happily initiate a meeting between you and his friends and family and he will want to meet your circle, too.
- If the Jamaican man doesn’t put a label on your relationship, then you could not even be in a relationship. When a Jamaican man says “I love you,” he’ll romance you and treat you like a queen.
- If a guy asked me for money, but doesn’t pressure me for sex, then I have to ask myself, ‘is he using me or does he like me.’ This could be one of the signs he’s using you for money. Although he’s not asking for sex right now, no self respecting man would ask a struggling woman for her bill money. These are not the characteristics of a Jamaican man who cares and respects his girl. However, Mark Plunkett explains more in detail. Check out his video.
If you’re not Jamaican, you should be careful when dating a Jamaican man. More so, Empress Yuajah, author of Jamaican Men; 21 Things About Dating a Jamaican Man, warns white women dating Jamaican men.
They should be extremely cautious of the “wolf wearing sheep’s clothing.” This man is skilled and will use you up before you know it. This is why it’s paramount you know how to tell if a Jamaican man is using you.