If you ask most Jamaican women, they will tell you Jamaican men are control freaks and just to be nice, we’ll apply the word “promiscuous.” However, that description fits a number of brothers so it’s not strictly a cultural thing. It is good, bad and ugly in everyone .
I know women who allow men to treat them poorly because they don’t want to be alone or they don’t want to start over. Sadly, some of these women won’t even admit they are being manipulated and mistreated. How to tell if a Jamaican man is using you?
Most women know when a man cares for her. He places her needs first. These men treat their women like royalty and sacrifice for their families on a regular basis. On the other hand, you have those men who physically, verbally and mentally brutalize women.
The signs are obvious but generally, women choose not to see them. In case you’re wondering, however, how to tell if a Jamaican man is using you, keep reading.
Signs a Man is a User
Suelika N. Creque of SKNVibes spoke with Deron Blaize (BVI) about how men should treat their women. He suggests a respectable man will call or text throughout the day to see how his woman is doing. If she’s not feeling well or if she’s having a bad day, he’ll serve her soup, meds and a smile.
He’ll also call to say he will be late getting home. With this in mind, you know when a man loves you, but do you know how to tell if a Jamaican man is using you? Let’s discuss the signs.
- If a man’s actions don’t match his words, then you may have a dilemma. When a Jamaican man likes you, he won’t tire of you so easily. He’ll want to do stuff for his woman as this is what an honorable man does.
- When a man gives more attention to his buddies than his girl, he may be using her. When he doesn’t want to give up his location or when she has to beg to get certain things, he’s more than likely using her.
- One of the classic signs is if he doesn’t introduce you to his homeboys or family. Besides that, if he refuses to meet your friends and family, chances are you are not the one. If he’s truly into you, he’ll happily initiate a meeting between you and his friends and family and he will want to meet your circle, too.
- If the Jamaican man doesn’t put a label on your relationship, then you could not even be in a relationship. When a Jamaican man says “I love you,” he’ll romance you and treat you like a queen.
- He won’t even pressure you for sex. These are the characteristics of a Jamaican man who cares and respects his girl. However, Mark Plunkett explains more in detail. Check out his video.
If you’re not Jamaican, you should be careful when dating a Jamaican man. More so, Empress Yuajah, author of Jamaican Men; 21 Things About Dating a Jamaican Man, warns white women dating Jamaican men.
They should be extremely cautious of the “wolf wearing sheep’s clothing.” This man is skilled and will use you up before you know it. This is why it’s paramount you know how to tell if a Jamaican man is using you.