Improve dry and ashy skin before you get caught in an embarrassing situation. Do you sometimes wonder why does your skin still appear to be dry or ashy after you just poured on dry skin protection? Why is my skin drier in the winter? Am I using the wrong moisturizer?
These are common questions most women of color are familiar with. Many are frustrated because of their failed dry skin care products and have resulted in wearing long sleeves just to cover up their dry and ashy skin. Well, stop all of that and discover the right way to treat your skin.
Improve Dry and Ashy Skin
Dry skin is caused by exposure to cold or dry air. If you live in the northern states where it snows and has freezing temps, you know about ashy, dry skin conditions.
And let me tell you – all races suffer from dry and ashy skin, not only Black people. Yes, I know it may sound crazy, but don’t use soap on your skin if you want to improve dry and ashy skin and stop taking hot baths or showers.
I know… I know… You are saying how does anyone take a bath without soap and without hot water? Doing without soap is the easy part as there is an alternative, but hot water? Now, that’s going to be tricky.
Want Hydrated, Soft Skin? Try this!
Well, moisturizing bars like Olay, Dove, and Caress will help put a healthy glow back into your skin in no time at all but you may want to try a few natural dry skin remedies.
Vaseline is another inexpensive way to treat and improve dry and ashy skin. You can use it all over, but especially on the feet. Apply to your feet after a bath and wear white socks.
There are also several popular dry skin remedies and effective lotions or creams you can use to replenish your skin. More so, you can eat your way into a better coat of skin.
Known Practices to Improve Dry and Ashy Skin
- Eating tomatoes. They help to protect the skin from the sun. Tomatoes also help to keep the skin hydrated because of the water content like watermelon.
- Watermelon contains vitamin C which helps to promote collagen. It also contains antioxidants you need to fight off wrinkles.
- Lemons are good for removing blemishes. Yes… it removes dead skin cells while promoting new cell growth.
- Turn on your humidifier. Set the dial at around 60 percent to get to the surface of the skin.
- Stop taking long baths or showers. About 5 or 10 minutes should be sufficient. Anything longer than that will rob the skin of its natural oils.
- Use soap-free cleansers or natural home remedies to improve dry and ashy skin.
- Avoid scented soaps and products containing alcohol as these can dry out the skin.
Those are just a few ways in which to correct ill skin conditions, especially during the winter months.
DIY Cure to Improve Dry and Ashy Skin
If you want more information on how to improve dry and ashy skin, try these cures for dry skin. Additionally, if you want to make your own remediation for dry skin patches, start by making a paste using two tablespoons of cornmeal and some buttermilk. Next,
- Make sure the cornmeal is grounded to perfection
- Add four tablespoons of buttermilk.
- Apply to face in circular motions.
- Leave it on to dry (about 5 minutes).
- Then applying warm water, wash it off.
- Okay now, stop and follow this important instruction. Pat your skin dry… don’t rub it dry.
- Next, put about two tablespoons of olive oil in a container and warm it up – 10-15 seconds in the microwave.
- Take your cotton ball and dab it into the oil and apply to face.
- If you have applied too much oil, remove it with a damp cotton ball otherwise, let the rest soak into your body.
- Having dry skin is not a fatal condition. On the other hand, it can cause other irritating and serious conditions like eczema.
However, if you rather not make your own and want to try the best dry skin face moisturizer I have ever used, try the 100% Organic Natural Moroccan Rosewater. Write in to let me know what you think about it and any tips you have to improve dry and ashy skin.
Foods For Healthy Skin
Extra Dry Ashy Skin Tips For Black Women